Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roma, pt 1


Something happened this Monday. It began as a normal day, just lounging about playing inFamous.

Suddenly we were whisked away by an aeroplane. This was my first flight. I was pretty nervous when it was time for take off, but I focused on the engines and chewing my gum, and anxiousness luckily turned into fascination.


Our intrepid adventurers.


Lest I forget, I found a fantastic type of liquorice at the tax free shop in Arlanda: Dark Salmiak. I'm going to have to try to get my hands on a few more bags on my way home, it's delicious, and I've never seen it anywhere else. Airports are apparently magical places.


The landing went well, and then a nice stranger with a mini bus found us and gave us a ride to the doorstep of our hotel, for €10 a piece. Since he also drove other passengers, we ended up getting a tour of all of Rome. We saw pretty much everything we needed to see just minutes after touching down.


This is my room. We have a suite, with a bathroom, kitchenette and a hallway joining our bedrooms. My room has internet and a microwave oven. Win!

The next day (today), we went gallivanting around town on foot. My feet are killing me. I didn't have my camera with me, stupidly enough, so for pictures of that, you'll have to visit my brother's blog.

No comments: